– The PESB High School Computer Science Initiative objective is to train and prepare high school teachers to pass their Computer Science endorsement and be ready to teach a complete cybersecurity course to high school students in the fall 2022.
– We believe in the power of peer-to-peer connection in learning cybersecurity. Our program provides mentorship throughout the course to prepare and support high school teachers to learn basic principles and concepts essential to teaching cybersecurity.
-Provide a foundation in cybersecurity’s principles including the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Tasks required in the field.
– Delivery design components combine the concepts of the flipped classroom and Just-in-Time teaching
– All course outcomes are designed using Bloom’s Taxonomy and use active learning methodologies.
-Career assessment and guidance are embedded into the classroom exercises providing students access to clear pathways to continue their cybersecurity education.
– Gain a solid foundation with additional resources to prepare for and pass an endorsement.